Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Diary, 10.30-10.31.10

Okay, so I didn't go to the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear on Saturday, and I'm glad I didn't.  According to all news reports I've seen, the Metro was out of control with humongous lines, packed trains and yuppie-eating escalators.  I almost lost it dodging the slowest walkers on earth and waiting in line in the dreaded Kingstowne Wal-Mart on Saturday afternoon, so I couldn't even fathom the insanity of the wait at stations near the Mall.

I've seen the Roots twice in concert anyway, so no biggie.

The biggest disappointment of the weekend was not being able to find a cheap red wig to go with my bright orange L.A. County Jail cutoff shirt and leather skirt.  Yes, I was going to be a Black Lindsay, but changed my mind after having a really long day and being exhausted by moving boxes around in my storage unit.  I've got an amazing taupe sofa to sell.  Any takers?


The highlight of the weekend was taking advantage of the perfect fall day on Sunday and reading the first two chapters of Terry McMillan's new book, Getting to Happy, on a beach towel in the park.  So far, it's witty and insightful, but a little depressing.  The update on Savannah and Robin's stories reinforced my belief that you have to get focused and get your sh*t together (man-wise and career-wise) early in your 30s, or you'll be dealing with the consequences of your indecisiveness well into middle age.  Hopefully, the book will end lighter than it started.  Watch for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment