Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas, Ya'll!

Headed to the Deeeep South for a visit with the fam soon.
**queues up "What You Want for Christmas" by 69 Boyz and the Quad City DJs**

Ahhh, home.  So happy that I could use my frequent flyer ticks for the trip (Thanks, Jesus!).
I love my family, but I have already begun meditating in advance for peace on the Ponderosa.  Ommm...no fights en route from the airport...ommm...

I'm going to try to stay busy, visit the elders, do some last minute shopping, practically live in mom's kitchen whipping up baked goods as gifts, and just generally spread some cheer.  And I'm tripping out on the day after Christmas with the BFF, whom I haven't seen since Summer '08!

I'm vowing to try not to eat too much--my parents seem to make/buy/receive more fudge and cakes and pie and candy every year.  The kitchen will no doubt be filled with carbtastic, high-calorie landmines.  Oh, my poor waistline.
****************************************************************************
About presents.  My holiday advice to everybody is not to stress out about finding perfect gifts.  It's the thought that counts, right?

If someone hasn't made a really specific request, gift cards (saw a guy buying a couple at Starbucks yesterday) magazine subscriptions, bottles of wine and good books are always a safe bet.  Also, baking simple treats and putting them in cute tins is a great idea.  My present to you is this link to a recipe for seven-layer bars, my favorite easy-to-make gift from Cooking Light. 

I will likely not post again until just before New Year's.  If you are planning the NYE house party to end all house parties, and single, sexy, degreed brothers are guaranteed to show up, drop me a line--I need more options.   I'll even bring some wine.  :)

Pray for travel blessings for me, and I'll do the same for you.  Merry Christmas!  Remember, Jesus is the real reason for the season.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment