Friday, January 7, 2011

Ahh...Spa

It's the weekend after New Year's, and nothing of note is going on, especially in the realm of official blackfolks fun.  This is the perfect time to relax and self-beautify at home.

My skin has been a mess this winter.  I can't really explain it.  No matter how much I moisturized (and I use THREE different types of body moisturizers--different parts, different needs), the body butters and skin creams just weren't working their old magic.  I had to create my own remedy.

This amazing scrub has my skin feeling so soft and smooth.  I didn't measure, just eyed all of the ingredients.  Here's what it contained:

Sea salt
Honey
Grapeseed oil (I used Aura Cacia's Skin Care oil--can be found in the beauty sections of Whole Foods and Yes! Organic Markets)
tad of brown sugar
After mixing, do a patch test on your skin to make sure you aren't allergic to any of the ingredients.

I applied it during a soak in a tub which contained a little of Burt's Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Bath Soak.

Photo from Drugstore.com
I also had to attend to my out-of-control hair.   On Monday, I awoke to find that the Christmas twist-out had fully transitioned into a dry, coarse, shrunken mess.  To get the 'do back in fighting shape, I applied a handful of olive oil to my hair and let it seep into my roots under a shower cap during the tub soak.  Later, I applied Kinky-Curly's Spiral Spritz and picked the 'fro out with a detangling comb. 

From Target.com
 Today, it looks and feels so much better.  I still need to see my stylist ASAP, though.

Have a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment