Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Real Reason the Office Fashionista Is on Bereavement Leave

Filene's Basement is closing!

**sheds budget-conscious tear, puts on black veil**

My wallet may be turning cartwheels in my purse (I purchased four VERY NECESSARY dresses from Filene's over the summer.  Don't look at me like that.  Colorful, lightweight, machine-washable frocks were a must with the crazy heat we had.), but I mourn the loss of one of my main sources of heavily-discounted designer clothing in the area.

**sobs loudly at the memory of the amazing $600 Hugo Boss LBD she copped for $150 at the Chevy Chase Filene's years ago**

Don't worry about me.  Go on with your day.  I will get through this somehow.  The Nordstrom Rack in Pentagon City will make this blow slightly more bearable.  I also peeped a relatively new source of cute and affordable dresses and tops--Zina Boutique, near 15th and U NW.

If we should meet at the massive Filene's sale that is sure to start any day now, stop and give me a pound.  However, if you and I appear to be the same size, you may want to proceed to the checkout with your skirts and shoes as expeditiously as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment