Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Additions to My High Self-Esteem Mix

Every woman needs a playlist that makes her feel like she can take on the world.   Here are a few new additions to mine.

"I'm On 2.0" has become my anthem lately. "It's ironic...even when I'm off, I'm on."  Hooyeaaah! I could've done without half of the rappers on this long track, but Big K.R.I.T. and B.O.B. are the standouts.  Plus, you've gotta love anything that samples "Return of the Mack" in a way that doesn't induce involuntary eye-rolling.



I've had this Trina track (don't judge) on my iPod for a while, but just recently added it to the mix.


yU is the only local MC that I'm digging right now.  In fact, he's one of the few rappers I'm digging, period.  I purchased his whole CD, The Earn, and that's really rare for me.  His thoughtful lyrics and classic, throwback-inspired beats prove that there are still some legit conscious rappers out there with a real flow and a consistent viewpoint.



Last, but not least, is this banging instrumental of an OutKast hit by the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble.  If your day needs an injection of hype and sexy southern funk, this is for you.  Try not to bodyroll at your desk.

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble - Spottie by ArtDontSleep

No comments:

Post a Comment