Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney...

Could anybody believe the news?  This is just too sad...she had completed filming on the Sparkle remake and was allegedly in talks to join the "X Factor's" judging panel.  Her immeasurable contributions to R and B and Pop will live on.

It's hard to say that I have a favorite Whitney song (too many too choose from!), although the soundtrack to The Bodyguard would probably be my favorite out of all of her albums.  Who didn't try--and fail miserably--at attempting her own rendition of "I Will Always Love You" in a childhood bedroom?  My BFF also had the habit of randomly busting out in the high-pitched (read ear-splitting) runs of "Run to You" between classes.  Back then, Whitney was a role model for every aspiring young vocalist.

"I Wanna Dance With Somebody" had the best Whitney video--I wanted that long, golden curly weave when I was little (of course I know it's a wig now)--and I recently thought that someone needs to do a modern remake of that hit, a driving rock or Rihanna-esque version.




I also just had to post this photo, which I saw in a slideshow on the Ebony.com website last night.  It gave me the coldest of chills.


We lost both of you way too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment