Thursday, April 19, 2012

deep.honey's Review of Think Like a Man



I'm going to keep this brief.

Think Like a Man is the best romantic comedy I've seen in the 21st century.

That is not hyperbole.  That's the simple truth.
The script was flawless, and there was nothing stereotypical, coonish or eye-rollingly self-righteous or sexist about it.

At the beginning, I wondered if one actress was going to be the weak link...I'll let you guess which one that was...but the entire cast ended up doing an excellent job.  I wouldn't be surprised if a sequel is already being mapped out.

The only negative thing I have to say about it is that Chris Brown has a tiny role.  I could spend some of my valuable time questioning why the entertainment industry keeps supporting this woman-beating idiot, but we all know the answer:  $$$.  Beyond disappointing.

Other than that, you'll enjoy the film.  It's hilarious--sometimes it was hard to hear lines because Kevin Hart kept everybody rolling with his rapid-fire delivery.  It's perfect as a date movie, or for a girls' night out, and I think that there's something in it for everyone.

Almost forgot--MICHAEL EALY.  Whoo.  Wow.  My goodness.  TEACAKE!!!
His scenes with Taraji P. Henson alone are worth the cost of admission.

No comments:

Post a Comment